At Space4Living.com, our experienced and knowledgeable staff are only a phone call away or alternatively this website enables you to avail of our in-depth search facility and complimentary property partners. We aim to provide an ‘all-under-one-roof’ service for buyers however, we have listed below some major points for your consideration for when you are thinking of buying.
- Do you need to sell your property first. If so, why not ask Space 4 Living to provide a ‘free’ market, no obligation, appraisal. [Click here for a free appraisal]
- How much do you owe on your current mortgage? Have you taken Independent Financial advice to clarify your position and obtained a certificate from a mortage advisor to prove you are in a position to buy immediately? [click here to visit The Mortgage Advice Bureau]
- Have your appointed a solicitor/conveyance to conduct all legal paperwork on your behalf? [Click here to find a solicitor]
- Why not visit your local estate agents to gauge the market for supply and the current local prices or alternatively use our search facility to find the latest properties available from Space 4 Living.
- Once you have clarified your financial position and status, decide how much you can afford to buy at (your mortgage advisor should help you with this and provide you with a certificate for use in proving to vendors that you are a strong buyer), what style of property you require (terrace, semi-detached, flat etc) and how many bedrooms you need.
- It is also a good idea to put together a ‘wish list’ of features? Such as would you like a garage, off road parking, or is the size of the garden important? Do you require modernised or a property that requires updating? How important is double glazing, gas central heating (G.C.H.), fitted kitchen, quality of flooring etc. Is there room for an extension in the future, if extra room is required? Does the property need to be near local schools, transport links or your place of work. All these factors should be considered as you may not be able to find a property with everything on your ‘wish ‘list’ and therefore you will have to decide which features are of most importance to you.
- Have you arranged for a survey or structural report on any intended purchase? Most lenders will insist on you using their surveyor! Before agreeing any purchase, be totally satisfied with the condition of the property, and if there are works/improvements noted on the survey, that you are in a position to get these done i.e. have the funds to get in a contractor or you know of friends/relatives who are able to carry out the work for you.
- Can you actually afford to buy? Have you considered renting first in your chosen area? This will enable you to thoroughly research an area first before buying. [click here to view our properties to let]
- Buying a property is one of the most stressful yet exciting decisions you will make in your life. By using a professional and knowledgeable agent, like Space 4 Living, you will be in a more informed position and will therefore have the confidence to make the right decision. We will always do whatever we can to help you in the process so if there is anything that you are unsure of, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Good luck in your hunt for a new home from all the staff at Space 4 Living.